Archive for the ‘Change of Name Ad in Times of India’ Category



Many people change their names or add a surname to the existing name. Rechristening self is a legal procedure in India. There are numerous processes involved in changing the names. Following are some of them:

1) GET AN AFFIDAVIT: This is the first and foremost step in changing the name. Visit your local Notary and get an affidavit regarding name change and submit the same to your own District Court before a Notary Public or a Magistrate. Do not forget to mention your current name as well along with the new name. You will also be required to mention the reason for the name change. The Affidavit must be made on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of minimal value.


2) PUBLISH IT IN A NEWSPAPER: It is yet another important step that you should follow. Get your name change act published in two newspapers. You can choose an English national daily; for instance, publish change of name Ad in Times of India or a name change ad in Hindustan Times. You can go for any other local paper as well for this purpose.


3) GAZETTE NOTIFICATION IS A MUST: Visit a government press of your area and publish your changed name in the official gazette. A copy of the same will be sent to you at your address of correspondence.


You can take help of Myadvtcorner to publish change of name in any newspaper of your choice. We offer competitive prices and discounts on all your ad bookings.

For more details get in touch with our customer relationship team at 9810904604, or you can also drop a mail at